Welcome To HSE STUDY GUIDE
In this post/article we are going to know about Safety Officer Responsibilities during Work at Height
When work at height starts, the possibility of danger also increases. In such a situation, the responsibilities of the HSE department also increase. So let us know what are the responsibilities of the safety employee available at the site along with the workers, before the work at height starts.
1) Before starting work at height, the safety officer has to check the permit. From which it is known that what kind of work is going to be done at height and what are the possible dangers in those works, and how to avoid it. It helps a lot to say this.
2) When the Safety Officer visits the site, he should not forget to ask whether the workers are ready to work at height, whether they have normal medical conditions like blood pressure or height phobia. No one is allowed to go for work at height without proper medical test. Yes, it has to be noted that different companies have different medical test rules, and according to them The rules have to be followed.
3) The Safety office should always have tool box talks at the working location only. This makes it easy to tell what are the dangers at the site where the work is going on at present, and how to deal with them.
4) Workers whether they have ever worked at height before or not. If his answer is yes, then it is okay, if his answer is no, then first of all ask him about the danger at height and the precautions related to it, and clear all the doubts you have.
5) To know about the work done at height and to know about the tools, tackles used there from the workers and whether the bag is being used or not. To carry the tools in hand clearly Refuse.
6) Talk deeply about Safety Harness, Fall Arrester. Talk about the way to use it. If you do not get satisfaction answer from any workers, then make every effort to explain it properly.
7) Do not forget to discuss about the anchorage position of Safety Harness and about life line. Also tell the difference between PPE Rope, Life Line, Ceiling Rope and also tell about their durability.
8) Start PPE'S with zero, Zero means from head or feet. If you do this, the chances of missing any Personal Protective Equipment are very less, which is given according to the work being done at Work at height. have to go.
9) If the work is being done through scaffold then also talk about guard rail (Mid Rail, Top Rail and Toe Board), and also discuss about anchorage position of Top rail, and check after anchorage in it Ask to start work after doing so.
10) If the Scaffold has a green tag on it, do not climb it and start working immediately. First go around and see if the components of the scaffold are missing. . Because many times the scaffolding erector of another site does not go far to bring the component and takes away the component from the nearby scaffolding. Therefore, before climbing the scaffolding, inspection should be done by roaming around the scaffold.
11) Also tell about Safe Working Distance From Over Head Power Lines which are passing around the working place.
12) It is necessary to check the wind speed, if the wind is blowing strongly, then work should not be allowed in such a situation. Along with this, if there is more sunlight, then it is also necessary to see that to save the workers from Di-Hydration. Whether the company has made any kind of arrangement for this or not.
13) If the work is being done at the height, then do not forget to barricade the area below so that no one can use that route and do not get hurt due to falling of any material from above. .