Welcome To HSE STUDY GUIDE
In this article we are going to know about Electrical Safety Inspection Checklist.
As a Safety professional you must know about How To Inspect Electrical System at site.
The following points must be noted while Electrical Safety Inspection.
- Whether the condition of Cable is checked?
- Are Cables received form other site checked for Insulation Resistance before putting them into use?
- Are all main Cables, taken either underground / Overhead?
- Are welding Cables routed properly above the Ground?
- Are welding & Electrical Cables overlapping?
- Is any improper jointing of Cables wires prevailing at Site?
DBs / SDBs
- Is earth conductor continued up to DB / SDB?
- Whether DBs & extension boards are protected from rain / water?
- Is there any overloading of DBs / SDBs?
- Are correct / proper fuses & CB’s provided at main boards & sub- boards?
- Is energized wiring in junction boxes, CB panels & similar places covered all times?
- Whether the connections are routed through ELCB?
- Is ELCB sensitivity maintained at 30 mA?
- Are the ELCB numbered & tested periodically & test results recorded in a logbook countersigned by competent person?
- Is neutral earthing ensured at the source of power
(Main DB at Gen. or Transformer)?
- Whether the continuity & tightness of earth conductor are checked?
- Mention the gauge of earth conductor used at site.
- Mention the value of Earth Resistance or maintain a log book.
ELECTRICALLY OPERATED MACHINES / ACCESSORIES
- Whether the plug top provided everywhere?
- Are all metal parts of electrical equipment’s & light fittings / accessories grounded?
- Is there any shed / cover for welding machines?
- Are Halogen lamps fixed at proper places?
- Are Portable power tools maintained as per norms?