Welcome To HSE STUDY GUIDE
In this post/article we are going to know about HSE Manager Roles & Responsibilities.
The Safety Manager is hired to manage the health and safety of the employees working inside the Industry/Company. One who looks at how the health and safety of the employees can be improved, looking at the hazards at the workplace, finds the best solution related to health and safety, and implements it at the working site. Which plays a major role in providing security to the workers.
Any organization looks for a reliable safety manager, who can make everyone within the organization follow the rules related to health and safety. The Safety Manager develops such rules related to safety inside the organization which creates a safe workplace.
Certified Safety Manager Role and Responsibilities
Let us understand the role and responsibility of the Occupational Health and Safety manager through the following points.
1. It is the responsibility of the safety manager to approve the purchase of what kind of safety equipment will be required according to the work inside the organization or to provide safety related equipment.
2. The safety manager decides what should be the criteria for contractor selection.
3. It is the responsibility of the occupational health and safety manager to monitor the work of the contractor and see his dedication to work while following the safety.
4. Whether the time fixed for safety inspection and safety audit at the working site is happening on time or not.
5. The previous safety audit or safety inspection that took place, and wherever the mistake was found, whether an attempt has been made to remove it or not. This also comes under the responsibility of the safety manager.
It is also their responsibility to organize 6. Safety meeting.
7. Whatever presentation takes place during the training related to Health and Safety, the health and safety manager has to do the work of delivering it.
8. Whether adequate training related to health and safety has been given to remove all the hazards that have been identified after applying hierarchy at the workplace.
9. Whether the workers working inside the organization have been provided with adequate training related to work or not. It is also the job of the Occupational Health and Safety Manager to find out.
10. It is also the job of the health and safety manager to arrange or manage all the emergency procedures that are required during work.
11. It is also the responsibility of the safety manager to monitor the compensation claim of workers who get injured during work.
12. It is the job of the safety manager to develop the right procedure to report whatever accident happens at the workplace.
13. Safety Manager has to take responsibility of First-Aid Procedure.
14. It is the job of the occupational health and safety manager to offer general health and safety advice to employees.
15. Whatever hazards and risks occur at the workplace, how to remove them or how to reduce them, it is the work of the safety manager.
16. It is the responsibility of the safety manager to give remote advice and guide the management regarding the removal of potential hazards seen at the workplace.
17. There are internal and external clients inside any organization, whose health and safety work is to ensure their competition on the basis of their health and safety reports.
18. To track the incident matrix and trend the accident, the safety manager also does it.
19. If any type of hazards have been identified, then tells and approves the corrective action to be taken to remove them.
20. If there is an accident at the working site, then the team formed to investigate the accident is headed by the lead safety manager.
21. Whatever is the hazard assessment process or accident investigation procedure, it is the duty of the safety manager to create, circulate and enforce its policies, practices and procedures.
22. The safety manager does the job of monitoring or addressing all the laws related to safety within the organization.
23. If there is any kind of change in the policy related to security by the government, then the safety manager also does the work of keeping updated about it and implementing it within the organization.
24. It has to be updated about the change or amendment in the policy related to Health Safety Environment.
25. Monitors current and potential health and safety related risks in the workplace, participates in corporate level hazard assessments and develops and approves controls for identified hazards.