Welcome To HSE STUDY GUIDE
In this article we are going to know about What Is The Importance Of Toolbox Talk In Safety?
Toolbox Talks Important for Safety
Through Toolbox Talk, employees are made aware about safety or are educated about safety as a whole. When we give tool box talk, it focuses completely on the dangers at the workplace.
Under this, it is told how the work will be conducted so that the workplace is safe and the person working there too.
Whatever the toolbox talks about, it tells what kind of rules the company has set for safety or the standards prepared by OSHA for health safety and environment.
Toolbox Talks is the easiest way to ensure that your employees are exposed to unsafe conditions at work and how to avoid those dangers.
If we provide Toolbox Talks regularly, it strengthens the information on the topic of security. Its operation should be done regularly at the workplace.
It is operated before the commencement of work. Toolbox talk should be conducted in every shift, even if the work is in shift.
What is meant by Tool Box Talk (TBT)?
- During Tool Box Talk, we explain the role and responsibilities of workers and provide assistance in meeting their needs.
- During this we see whether the workers are ready to do their work safely or not.
- Tell them about what you expect.
- Show or explain what factors can affect the course of work, tell them about them and inform them how to be alert.
There is a need to keep a record of the toolbox which is given before the talk work. So that it can be known that you are cooperating fully to make the workplace safe and educate the workers. That is, you are discharging what is becoming your moral responsibility.
Try To Make Toolbox Talk (TBT) Enjoyable
As long as you do not make toolbox talk fun, then your talk will not have much effect. So try to make it enjoyable.
- If you are discussing with the workers about any safety topics, then the interpretation should be done by adopting a positive approach.
- While giving TBT, focus on what is best for the workers and carry forward the tool box talk.
- Start the safety share with the greeting word (Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Afternoon).
- Tell a motivational story related to safety to bring about a change in safety behavior.
If you give more effective toolbox talk, that is, try to make it more and more enjoyable, the worker will feel more connected with you and the same connection will help in making the workplace safer. Because due to attachment, your words will have more impact on them.
If Your TBT Is Effective Then It Can Save Lives
An effective toolbox are the fundamental factors of talk talk. And it promotes the perception of security issues, which has the following consequences.
- When we give tbt, we promote awareness related to safety. Because workers are actively involved in this during toolbox talk and reduce security risks.
- During the Tool Box talk, we discuss safety rules, equipment and hazards to be avoided. During this, the safety professional urges the worker to follow the procedures for conducting the work prescribed by the organization.
- During this, explains the accidents and their causes at the workplace and makes them aware about how workers can protect themselves.
- In this, we tell about the planning of work, its preparation, supervision at the workplace and the documents used during the work there.
- It helps in reviewing the industry standards and informs about the company's policy and procedure.
- It encourages to discuss related topics at workplace and to share your experience with others there.
Main Feature of Toolbox Talk
- It must be completed before the work can begin.
- It should always be done at the workplace itself.
- Toolbox talk should not be too long.
- It should be encouraged to participate workers but it should not be included in daily practice.
- TBT must be attractive.
- Take some time for questions and answers during toolbox talk, so that to know how far the workers have understood the tbt you have given.
Now From This Conclusion Will Come
From the above things we can understand that toolbox talk plays an important role in strengthening the safety at workplace and plays an important role in making the employees aware of safety and follow the rules. This is a valuable and effective method from the point of view of security. Which helps in increasing the safety culture within the organization.
There is very minimal cost involved in implementing a rule like Toolbox talk. If you take out 10 minutes for this every day in a week, then it will bring more benefits directly and indirectly.
I hope through this article you got to know about Importance Of Toolbox Talk (TBT).
If you have any query or suggestion you can comment below.
Thanks & Regards,
HSE STUDY GUIDE