Hello Friends, Welcome To All In HSE STUDY GUIDE
In this post, we are going to know about the Roles and Responsibilities of the Safety Officer.
40 Duties of Safety Officer
1) The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring & assessing hazardous & unsafe situations.
2) Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
3) Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
4) May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
5) The Safety officer maintains awareness of active & developing situations.
6) Ensure there are safety messages in each incident action plan.
7) Participate in planning meetings to identify any health & safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work plan.
8) Review the incident action plan for safety implications.
9) Investigate accidents that have occurred within the incident area.
10) Ensure preparation & implementation of Site Safety & Health Plan (SSHP).
11) Inspect the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
12) Conduct Toolbox talk meetings.
13) A HSE Officer is the part of project Safety council & leads all efforts to enhance safety.
14) The Safety officer reviews & approves all subcontractor's safety plans.
15) Verifies that injury logs & reports are completed & submitted to related government agencies.
16) Verifies that all tools & equipment are adequate & safe for use.
17) Promotes safe practices at job sites.
18) Enforces safety guidelines.
19) Training & carries out drills & exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
20) Conducts investigations of all accidents & near misses.
21) Report to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
22) Conducts Job Hazard Analysis.
23) Establishes Safety standards & policies as needed.
24) Watches out for the safety of all workers & works to prevent them from entering hazardous situations.
25) Responds to employees' safety concerns.
26) Coordinate registration & removal of hazardous waste.
27) Serves as the link between state & local agencies & contractors.
28) Receives reports from & responds to orders issued by the Department of labor.
29) Arrange for OSHA mandated testing or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
30) Support the development of OHS policies & programs.
31) Advise & instruct on various safety-related topics.
32) Conduct risk assessment & enforce preventive measures.
33) Review existing policies & measures & update according to legislation.
34) Initiate & organize OHS training of employees & executives.
35) Inspect premises & the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity.
36) Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, etc.
37) Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
38) Record & investigate incidents to determine causes & handles workers' compensation claims.
39) Prepare reports on occurrences & provide statistical information to upper management.
40) Carry out PTW monitoring.
I hope, you understand the Roles and Responsibilities of the Safety Officer.
If you like this post don't forget to comment below.
If you have any suggestion you can write us on
Thanks & Regards,
HSE STUDY GUIDE